Saturday, 7 April 2012

Faerie godfather

Out of ideas for mash-ups or the next big thing?

For the A-Z Challenge I'm posting 26 suggestions for new genres. How serious each is I leave you to decide; I have my eye firmly on this debate.

Faerie godfather

A presentation of an underworld in a netherland and the conflicts of the eldritch creatures therein with their individual natures and nature itself. Personal daemons are real, more or less, the seeds of tragedy are blown carefree on the breeze and innocent whims get old fast. Plots and subplots range from mischief-making of the common-or-garden variety to grand supernatural powerplay rending at the tapestries of reality themselves. You could think of it as A Midsummer Night's Dream meets Mario Puzo meets Acme's Toontown.
_

5 comments:

Mark K said...

Why do I imagine a bruiser of a guy, wearing a toto with faerie wings, skinny legs and hobnailed boots, when I read Faerie Godfather?

I'm going nuts...

A Tarkabarka Hölgy said...

I like your theme for A to Z! :)

Journaling Woman said...

Aww, this is a great theme. Very amusing and thoughtful.

Teresa

Horst Peters said...

Dropped by on my A-Z blog tour. Good luck with the rest of the challenge.

http://horst-peters.blogspot.ca/

Porky said...

@Mark K - Do a quick image search and you actually get a bit of that. As a genre title it's pretty unimaginative of course - this is definitely one of the more tongue in cheek ones.

@ A Tarkabarka Hölgy - I can imagine you do, and I like very much what you're posting on too.

@ Journaling Woman - Thanks very much. It's something I hope can bring us all together, all the fans of fiction, whether the fiction in visual or tactile creation, writing or gaming.

@ Horst Peters - Thanks to you too. There are a lot of blogs to get round, a stunning number.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...