Monday 7 March 2011

Quiet as the grave

My entry for what would have been this week's Microfiction Monday at Stony River; the photographic inspiration is at the bottom of the post. Unfortunately, Microfiction Monday may finally have passed away this week, a sad thing indeed if so.

Death and new life is the theme with this tale. I've picked up on the age of the image in the frame, and the books it's propped up against. Again, it's exactly 140 characters.

Not only did it keep down costs, and volume; employing the dead as librarians made work for the living - whole sections had to be rewritten.

If you're arriving from Stony River, feel free to try this week's EXPANDERS! It's a similar challenge, but with 15 words, one of them given, and a chance to form longer narratives.
.

2 comments:

??? said...

Yay - I have something to look forward to when I'm dead. I love the idea.

Porky said...

I was wondering how you would feel - I can relax it seems..! Glad you like it. I do too, for being out there and for the thought of the updating, the dramatic change in accepted knowledge.