Monday 14 March 2011

I like pi too

Something for today. Far too late though - it really should have been posted at 3:14 pm.




All you need to use it is here, except the rest of the deck so far, which is here. We're up to 16 now, passing a likely magic number for the pdf, but there'll be another along.

A geomorph too. I've never seen one with such a large circular room that I remember, and the columns ought to make it even more fun. I still have no firm idea of the correct proportions so I'd be grateful for any guidance. If you're looking for a pattern, there are three rings, represented by what could be thought of as points, in one room, and with four central, but after that it definitely breaks down.




.

5 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Is this the Mary you are looking for? I was reading some blogs and saw her little cartoon head in someone's comments. But I can't tell for sure it's the same character. http://gigglesandguns.blogspot.com/

Porky said...

That's her by the looks of things. Thanks very much - you're in the right place at the right time, and doing good deeds in the Diana Prince mould. Talking of mould, I wish I had some rotting fruit to give as a reward, but there's only those peaches slowly mulching down. Have some pi instead - plenty of that to go round.

The Happy Whisk said...

I deleted my message by mistake. Duh. Anyway, rotten peach pie makes a great dessert for the honey glazed toads filled with ricotta and ham. Tim gave one of those away yesterday.

Anonymous said...

You realise this will become known as the autism card? Which actually would be quite interesting and to an extent will have its uses, depending on the degree to which it affects the character.

Porky said...

@ The Happy Whisk - Is that like toad in the hole? Not sure I'm so keen on hole in the toad. Worry not - the comment is still there. The software has definitely been keeping us on our toes recently, with one thing or another.

@ Jim Hale - I hope it doesn't..! The quote is from a related film, very closely related in fact - not much imagination on my part there. I like the idea the player will be able to get very good results, but will need to plan ahead a little, trying to predict what the die will next be used for next and balancing a good result now with one later. Again, this would likely have a much stronger impact in roleplaying, mixed dice types notwithstanding.