The question behind the project is why more games are not set in the attics and eyries of buildings and on their rooftops. If we have the 'dungeoncrawl', why not the 'roofcrawl'?
Here's my contribution, another 20 entries, making 61 and adding some more mundane.
- A vast mound of bird droppings lie beneath a popular perch, likely an excellent fertiliser, though the ancient layers within may require a Save to avoid disease.
- A compluvium looks down into a dimly-lit atrium where figures chant.
- This sheltered hollow is filled with smoke from a line of chimneys, reducing visibility to a few feet... is something moving there?
- A dead end, but an ornate and slightly rickety drainpipe leads upward...
- On a stretch of roof a pale body lies prone - sunbathing?
- A bricked-up doorway, mortar not yet dry, overlooks a set of tools.
- A barricade blocks progress, made of old timbers and broken brick, and overgrown with weeds.
- The narrow stretch of flat roof here is a well-tended herb garden.
- Weeds of all kinds grow thick in the fissures of ancient planking and brickwork, obscuring 1D6 gems.
- Creepers make it possible to attempt a climb here, downward and up.
- An undulating plateau runs on into the haze, a near-closed world populated with strange flora, and, yes, fauna too: an odd creature stands watching.
- A sloping glazed roof here provides light to a thriving orangery.
- A grubby window looks in on a cramped garret, the sill lined with dead potplants.
- A tile shatters on the ground far below, echoing around the rooftops - but where did it fall from, and how did it come loose..?
- A sniper!
- An arcane symbol has been painted, or formed with detritus, on this flat roof, a bizarre sign directed up at the sky - but for who, or what?
- A pile of rusting sheet metal; 1D4 sheets at the base are in good condition.
- A signalling mirror lies here on a ledge.
- A pump of some kind chugs away, almost out of fuel.
- What is this? A vast, bulbous, metallic object stands silent on a trio of spindly legs. Some form of magical skycraft..?
I've added them all and they should be ready to roll soon. Feel free to add your ideas too - anyone can - or even start a table of your own.