Wednesday 13 April 2011

Scent of man

An entry for today's Microfiction Muse challenge over at Diane Estrella's blog. It's a story in 140 characters - counting line breaks one - with the muse being the photo given.

The last human in a sterile future, he was the sole source of the galaxy's rarest material. Sweat.
As the agents closed in, the stakes rose.

No disrespect intended towards the gentleman in the photo of course. I look like that myself most days, and can get very scruffy. And we all sweat. For now anyway...
_

8 comments:

Diane said...

I may be a girl, but my sweat-o-meter ranks pretty high behind his.... Love where your mind went on this one. :O)

Porky said...

Thanks! We're all in it together.

Pat said...

So....now I want to know how they are going to sweat it out of him...in a sauna? In a fat suit?

I don't sweat unless I'm walking fast outdoors and it's 104 degrees or hotter.

Porky said...

They're doing a good job with the chasing. Those are the stakes - all that good, naturally produced sweat going to waste..! I'm betting the artificially extracted just isn't the same.

Anonymous said...

So hard to believe that so much can be spoken and inferred from 140 little characters... Loved the creativity in this. :)

Porky said...

Thanks very much! A great compliment, and it means all the more given your talent.

septembermom said...

That was great! Very creative :)

Porky said...

Thanks! Such a short text generating so much comment, several times more in number of characters..!