Friday 11 March 2011

dʒ is for Dune, Jokaero...




How might Dune have inspired GW? Warp Signal has that post up now, along with a working definition of science fantasy. To explore one of the key themes of the novels - free will - try the latest instalment of the Spinoza series I mentioned here.

On the subject of early GW, the Jokaero are back! Tabletop Fix has an image of what is likely to be a choice from the Grey Knight codex. Do I want to know more about this! All Things Fett recently spotted a possible alternative model, good for variety.

Update: The Veil's Edge has just posted a look at the Jokaero in the 40K universe.

Update: Tales from the Maelstrom has a classic Jokaero mini painted up too, good
             for more variety if you can find one; BoLS is saying here it's a 1985 release.
.

7 comments:

thekelvingreen said...

I can just about put up with the sanitising of the orks if we get jokaero back in exchange.

Albert R. said...

Wow, jokaero - I used them in my Dark Heresy campaign :D

Porky said...

@ kelvingreen - I hope it's not a zero sum game and we can have both. And more even. There's so much in the figurative GW attic they could dig out and bring back officially. Next stop Squats? Zoats? Slann?

@ Omlet - That's no surprise - we can see from the blog you're a creative guy! The 40K roleplaying series is a dream come true. And even with Black Crusade due, Fantasy Flight are still only really at the tip of the iceberg.

The Angry Lurker said...

Am i right in saying these are gorilla/ape engineers famous for their digital weapon making?

Porky said...

That's them. Jokaero go way back, to Rogue Trader, the first edition of 40K.

Bix said...

Cheers as always for the link Porky, I’m with you on GW emptying their attic; there are some gems that deserve to see the light of day once more.

Sadly I don't currently have time for the role-playing side; I own a copy of Dark Crusade and to my shame have barely opened it.

Porky said...

Always my pleasure - that post deserves to be read.

I wish I had more time too. If you want a bit of quick fun as someone - or something - else, have a run through the cross-blog adventure we're developing. It starts here.