Saturday 2 July 2011

Peake and British gaming




A couple of interesting articles on Mervyn Peake, probably best known as the author of the influential Gormenghast series. One has reflections from four writers, among them Michael Moorcock and China Miéville, the other an interview with Peake's children.

Tied in with this are two posts on British gaming and its major influences. The first is by Chris at Vaults of Nagoh and focuses on the dungeon concept; some Gormenghast too. The second, by Coopdevil at Fighting Fantasist, has more emphasis on WD and GW
_

2 comments:

Von said...

Both excellent posts and I'm glad you picked up on them.

I wonder if my OSR page could stand to be more British?

Porky said...

I'll confess I didn't know there was one, but I'll go have a look at it. I rarely visit blog pages beyond the first with the posts themselves, and I think a large part of that is not even noticing tabs at the top. This is also a part of the reason I don't have any here at the moment, despite seeing the potential; another large part of that though is simply not finding the time to organise myself better..!