If you read my recent post on spectral creatures, you might have thought of something I didn't, that the ideas would make good entries for the table of small creature concepts.
You can find the full table here at DM Muse, ready for rolling. It's a living table, meaning anyone can add entries. There are 11 living tables so far, and new can easily be started.
Here are the latest seven then, making 80 in total.
- This creature exists in this particular stream of light and will defend itself by striking at the visual organs of any individual observing it.
- This creature inhabits the current light conditions at this specific location, and as the conditions change, it will follow, vanishing if they cease to exist; if an observer can manoeuvre closer, roll again on this table, treating the same result as the creature transferring to another set of these conditions elsewhere.
- This creature exists only at the edge of sight, and maintaining it in the peripheral vision requires concentration; any individual approaching will seem to move to the edge of sight too, and if such an approach is made, roll again on this table.
- This creature appears to exist within a reflective surface, such as a mirror, window or puddle, which is in fact a portal of some kind; if physical contact is attempted, roll again on this table, with the same result indicating the individual attempting physical contact is drawn through the portal.
- This creature ordinarily inhabits the shadow of the individual discovering it, but has become briefly disoriented; it will attempt immediately to reenter the shadow; if prevented, the individual will undergo minor personality changes.
- This docile creature navigates darkness by emitting light from an unusual organ.
- This creature is in fact a colony of sparks of light inhabiting a precious stone.