Sunday 12 February 2012

40K OSR? (15)

Another flood of 40K OSR? links. I let them build again, but I'd like to get this weekly to fortnightly.

Various definitions of 'OSR' are here and Colonel Kane's logo is to the right. If you use it, consider giving him the credit and adding Tales from the Maelstrom to your roll as a fine example - since the last time they've posted on Rogue Trooper.

And away we go then - just don't look down...

  • Nurglitch is looking at a card-based approach to Adeptus Titanicus.
  • An alternative to buying new of course is refurbishing old, and Sign of the Aquila is doing that with a marine dreadnought in 1, 1.5 parts so far.
  • How 3D printing might change things is suggested by this story at TGN.

In case you haven't read it yet and you have an interest, I'll also plug my recent post on ownership of IP. It's closely linked to the essence of this and possibly 3D printing most.

As ever, if you think I've missed anything, even your work, drop a link in the comments.

Update: Here's the first, a link to a series of posts at The Retired Adventurer on using Stars Without Number to run games set in the 40K universe; the introduction is here.
_

    10 comments:

    John B said...

    Most of my Stars Without Number work relates to converting it to run 40K.

    http://retiredadventurer.blogspot.com/search/label/Stars%20Without%20Number

    Cheers!

    Porky said...

    I had no idea that was going on, but I love it. The 40K background as a whole - whether 'canon' these days or not - is huge, complex and often rich and it's a pity to have it limited to the official or dedicated systems, especially where we might disagree with the way a given system does things. You've got a lot of options in there as well. I'll add the link as an update.

    Thor said...

    Thanks for the linkage! Lots of great stuff here.

    Ray Rousell said...

    Some great looking links, I'll try them out!

    John B said...

    Thanks!

    Porky said...

    No trouble at all, and check out as much as you can - it really is good work.

    Kraggi said...

    Thanks for the link Porky, much appreciated!

    Porky said...

    My pleasure, and it's been a pleasure reading your blog lately - in my humble opinion you've had variety, quantity and quality, the grail of blogging.

    Hudson said...

    Thanks for the link! Glad you like it.

    Porky said...

    I loved it. You got my imagination going and the itch to build flared up again.